Terms and Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
WITHOUT LIMITATION OF ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED BY THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR ANY APPLICABLE ADDITIONAL TERMS. YOUR ACCESS TO THIS SITE MAY BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY IN Locale Travel Management'S SOLE DISCRETION, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE, IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR ADDITIONAL TERMS, OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON, OR NO REASON.
Locale Travel Management Pty Limited (ABN 82 107 305 224) (hereinafter “Agent”) is licensed to operate a travel agency in the State of New South Wales under Travel Agents Regulation 1988 (hereinafter “the Regulation”). This contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law in effect in New South Wales and the parties hereto accept the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales in relation to any dispute between them. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any statutory obligation of the Agent implied by the Regulation, the Sale of Goods Act, 1896 or any State legislation if that cannot be lawfully excluded.
Type of Business
This is a Category 1 license under the Regulation, which allows for the selling of, or arranging for the sale of, or advertising a willingness to sell or arrange the sale of:
- International air travel to or from a place outside Australia; AND
- International air travel and accommodation outside Australia; AND
- International non-air travel to or from a place outside Australia; AND
- International non-air travel and accommodation outside Australia; AND
- Domestic air travel between places in Australia; AND
- Domestic air travel and accommodation in Australia; AND
- Domestic non-air travel between places in Australia; AND
- Domestic non-air travel and accommodation in Australia.
Locale Travel Management trading as Locale Travel Management Pty Limited is a travel agent because it sells, or arranges for the sale of, or advertises a willingness to sell, products that it does not own itself but that are owned by other third party providers. The products defining the type of business listed above could therefore include acting as agents for third party providers including but not limited to wholesale agents, retail agents, railways, airlines, coach/bus/car/boat hire operators and tour operators. Under the definition of “accommodation” above, this could involve acting as agents for service providers, including but not limited to the operators of backpacker houses, bed and breakfast, venues, motels, hotels, caravan and camping parks, conference organisers, and others.
General Terms and Conditions
These Conditions of Booking and Payment constitute a complete and exclusive statement of the agreement and understanding between the Agent and the Customer with respect to the products listed above and override any conditions to the contrary which may be expressed in any of the Customers Purchase Order Forms or other documents and supersede all prior arrangements between the parties either written, oral or established through a course of dealings between the parties and no usage of trade shall be relevant to supplement or explain any terms used hereto. These Conditions of cannot be varied except in writing signed by a duly authorised officer of the Agent.
The following general terms and conditions apply:
- The description of an available product or service, prices and qualities related to that product/service contained on our website are made by Locale Travel Management only as agent for the company providing the services, based on information provided by them.
- Because it is only acting as agent, Locale Travel Management does not accept responsibility for any change in prices or variation of services as shown, and all services and prices are subject to change without notice.
- Locale Travel Management do not accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default, wether negligent or otherwise, of those service providers with whom you enter into contract and over which we have no direct control. We do not accept liability in contract or in tort for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
- Customers are advised to check with us for any changes or variations to the information shown on our website prior to your booking, and/or prior to your departure. This will allow us to advise you of any such changes.
"cnflights.com.au", "CN Flights", "Locale Travel Management", as well as additional marks not mentioned here, are registered service marks of Locale Travel Management. Other product and company names identified on this Site may be the name, trademark, trade name, service mark, logo, symbol or other proprietary designation of cnflights.com.au or a third-party. The use on this Site of any name, trade name, trademark, service mark, logo, symbol or other proprietary designation or marking of or belonging to any third-party, and the availability of specific goods or services from such third-party through this Site, should not be construed as an endorsement or sponsorship of this Site by any such third-party, or the participation by such third-party in the offering of goods, services or information through this Site.
Locale Travel Management grants you a limited, personal, nontransferable, non-sub licensable, revocable license to access and use this Site only as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Except for this limited license, we do not grant you any other rights or license with respect to this Site; any rights or license not expressly granted herein are reserved. The content and information on this Site (including, without limitation, price and availability of travel services), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to Locale Travel Management and/or its Travel Service Providers (hotels, rental car companies, airlines, travel insurer and other providers). Accordingly, as a condition of using this Site, you agree not to use this Site or its contents or information for any commercial or non-personal purpose (direct or indirect) or for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. While you may make limited copies of your travel itinerary (and related documents) for travel or services purchased through this Site, you agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from this Site. In addition, whether or not you have a commercial purpose, you agree not to:
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Site using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without express written permission of Locale Travel Management;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Site or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Site;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in the discretion of Locale Travel Management, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Locale Travel Management infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of this Site (including, without limitation, the purchase path for any travel services) for any purpose.
- deliver any unlawful (according to local, state, federal, or international law or regulation) postings to or through the this Site, or any postings which advocate illegal activity;
- deliver, or provide links to, any postings containing material that could be considered harmful, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, profane, insulting, threatening, tortuous, harassing, hateful or otherwise objectionable;
- deliver or provide links to, any postings containing material that harasses, victimizes, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age, or disability;
- deliver or provide links to, any postings containing defamatory, false or libelous material.
- deliver any posting that infringes or violates any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including, without limitation, copyrights, patents, trademarks, laws governing trade secrets, rights to privacy, or publicity;
- deliver any posting to that you do not have a right to make available under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- manipulate identifiers, including by forging headers, in order to disguise the origin of any posting that you deliver;
- use this Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair or otherwise interfere with the use of this Site or other users' computer equipment, or cause damage, disruption or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to this Site, any related website, other accounts, computer system, or networks connected to this Site, through hacking, password mining, or any other means; or
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through this Site, including harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others such as email addresses.
You may only use this Site to make legitimate reservations, purchases or requests to purchase the products or services offered (each, a "Request") and shall not use this Site to make any speculative, false or fraudulent Requests or any Requests in anticipation of demand. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of your use of this Site. You agree to provide correct and true information in connection with your use of this Site and you agree to promptly update your account information (if applicable) in order to keep it current, complete and accurate. It is a violation of law to place a Request in a false name or with an invalid method of payment. Please be aware that even if you do not give us your real name, your web browser transmits a unique Internet address to us that can be used by law enforcement officials to identify you. Fraudulent users will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Locale Travel Management reserves the right to cancel any airline, hotel or rental car reservation or any other transaction that it reasonably believes to have been fraudulently made including, by unauthorized use of a credit or debit card.
Accounts, Security, Passwords
You may register to utilise this Site by completing the specified registration process and providing us with current, complete, and accurate information as requested by the online registration form. It is your responsibility to maintain the currency, completeness and accuracy of your registration data, and any loss caused by your failure to do so is your responsibility. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to choose a security question. It is entirely your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your security question and your account. You agree to notify Locale Travel Management immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. Locale Travel Management is not liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge.
The following terms and conditions apply to Airline Bookings:
- All quotations are subject to availability of services quoted and are not guaranteed until the booking is confirmed and all electronic tickets have been issued. All prices are subject to change and availability may be withdrawn without notice.
- Final payment is required at time of booking.
- Cancellation of your booking is subject to the fare/booking condition. Cancellation of your booking may incur charges, which could be 100% of your booking, regardless if travel has commenced. Additional fees or charges will apply for the cancellation of your booking. If Locale Travel Management Pty Limited incurs any liability for a cancellation fee, you agree to indemnify Locale Travel Management, cnflights.com.au and any associated parties for the amount of the fee.
- Bookings cancelled within 2 days of departure are non-refundable.
- Cancellations must be in writing and should be addressed to Locale Travel Management.
- If you change your itinerary after full payment and final documents are issued, an administration fee of AUD$33.00 will apply per domestic booking.
- If you change your itinerary after full payment and final documents are issued, an administration fee of AUD$55.00 will apply per International booking.
- If you require a minor name change a processing fee of AUD$75.00 per booking applies to each booking. Minor name changes take approximately 2 hours of the consultants time to complete.
- Please note that most airlines treat name changes and route and/or itinerary changes as full cancellation and are non-refundable once purchased. All fees above are Locale Travel Management processing fees and exclude any airline or third party fees.
Change of Itinerary After Travel Has Commenced:
- Any alteration or cancellation of services after your travel has commenced can incur penalties.
- Air travel itinerary changes, if permitted by the fare, may have a change fee charged by the airline typically ranging between $100 and $250 AUD per ticket that will vary by market, carrier and specific fare rule. In addition, any changes made with Locale Travel Management to your itinerary will incur a per ticket Locale Travel Management change or cancellation fee.
Credit Card Authorisation Requirements:
- Due to on-line credit card fraud you may receive a request from Locale Travel Management for additional information regarding your credit card and booking. This process is to protect the safety and security of the card holder and Locale Travel Management. You are required to supply sufficient identification to confirm that you are the card holder and / or that you have the permission of the card holder to make your purchase. You will be required to submit this information within a reasonable time frame. Failure to submit the additional required information may result in the airline cancelling your booking. Credit Card fees are non-refundable and will not be refunded in the event that the airline cancels your reservation.
- It is not illegal for Locale Travel Management to request this information and is simply protecting the card holder and Locale Travel Management from fraudulent activity.
- No Guarantee is provided or warranted that any refund will be available.
- All refund request must be in writing and made directly to Locale Travel Management as the agent.
- All refunds have a processing fee of AUD $50.00 plus any additional fees charged by the airlines, hotels any any other provider.
- Refunds will not be provided for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather or illness, these must be claimed through your travel insurance.
- Refunds are at the sole discretion of Locale Travel Management, regardless of reason.
- If you are traveling internationally, some countries or airports charge fees upon entering and/or exiting the country. These fees are not included in the ticket price, or the taxes and fees we display on our website prior to purchase.
Baggage and Other Ancillary Airline Fees:
- The airlines may require you to pay additional fees at the airport for certain services and/ or if you exceed certain limits as dictated by the airline, such as the number of bags or weight allowed, and some airlines do not offer a free baggage allowance.
General Terms and Conditions
- Check In: Upon check-in, guests must present a valid ID and credit card or, in the hotel's discretion, debit card, in their name that is consistent with the transactional details provided to Locale Travel Management (the amount of available credit required will vary by hotel). Debit cards may not be accepted.
- All hotel reservations are guaranteed for double occupancy (one double bed or two twin beds).
Late Arrival and Failure to Check-in on First Night:
- While you should contact Locale Travel Management if you wish to cancel a cancellable reservation in advance of your stay, if you are going to be delayed on your date of check in or find that you cannot check in to your hotel on the date you requested, you should contact the hotel to let them know. If you fail to check in to your hotel on the day of your reservation and do not alert the hotel, the remaining portion of your reservation may be canceled and you may not be entitled to a refund, depending on the terms and conditions of the applicable hotel.
Cancellations and Changes to Your Reservation:
- Hotel cancellation policies vary. Certain reservations are non-cancellable and non-changeable. Others require you to pay a penalty if you cancel. Still others are fully refundable. Check the hotel cancellation policy when you book. If changes to your pre-paid reservation are allowed, any changes to a pre-paid reservation are only permitted as a cancellation and booking of a new reservation.
- If you have disability needs (for example only, you need a wheelchair accessible room) you must call the hotel and verify that disability needs can be met. If the hotel cannot accommodate your disability needs, please contact Locale Travel Management customer service.
Hotel Accommodations and Special Requests:
- Depending upon which Locale Travel Management hotel reservation service you use, you may or may not be able to select your room type and number and type of beds. Room assignments are based on hotel availability and are at the hotel's discretion. We cannot guarantee a non-smoking room. If you have special requests (including, for example, preferences for smoking or nonsmoking rooms, a specific room, particular bedding, floor location, closeness to an elevator, connecting rooms, or pet accommodations), you must call the hotel and verify that special requests can be met after you have made your booking. Since Locale Travel Management has no control over which room a hotel will assign to you, Locale Travel Management cannot accommodate special requests in advance of your booking and cannot guarantee that special requests will be met.
Must be 18 Years of Age:
- The guest on the reservation must be 18 years or older to check into the hotel.
Frequent Traveler Points:
- Frequent traveler points, upgrades, certificate vouchers and other discounts or incentives may not apply to Locale Travel Management's hotel services.
Hotel Star Ratings (General):
- Locale Travel Management's star rating system is provided for your reference. Like other well-known hotel rating systems, Locale Travel Management considers a number of factors in evaluating the quality of participating hotels such as: amenities, facilities, reputation, brand, other rating services, customer feedback from guests who have stayed at the hotel, etc., to assign a single star rating. Locale Travel Management screens participating hotels carefully and updates our information periodically to ensure the validity of our ratings. Our ratings systems may sometimes differ from those of other rating systems that you may be familiar with. We do not warrant or guarantee that our star rating system is equal to or consistent with any other star rating system and reserve the right to change a hotel's rating at any time with or without notice.
- Sometimes cheaper rates are available for a specific stay at a hotel, however, these rates made by hotels may carry special restrictions and conditions, for example in respect of cancellation and refund. Please check the room and rate details thoroughly for any such conditions prior to making your reservation.
Payment & Fees
The following terms and conditions apply to all payments:
Payment to be made by via Credit Card or POLi™ free payment option. Visa and Mastercard are accepted, fees may apply.
Credit and Debit card merchant fees apply. They are clearly shown on the booking and payment pages. They are currently (July 2018) 1.3% for all payment types.
All rates are quoted in Australian Dollars ($AUD), unless stated otherwise.
Obligations and Warranties
You warrant to us that you are at least 18 years of age and have the authority to enter into a binding contract with our suppliers and us. The information you provide to us is correct and true. You will ensure that any user name and password remains confidential and that any activities under your access is authorised by you. You must use our online service within the terms and conditions set out and you will not breach these terms and conditions under any circumstance. You agree to indemnify us from any loss, claim, action, suits, liability, cost, expense, suit, arising directly or indirectly from the use of our website by you or any authorised or non authorised party using our website.
You agree to defend and indemnify Locale Travel Management and the Covered Parties from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought (i) by you or on behalf of you in excess of the liability described above; or (ii) by third parties as a result of:
- your breach of this Agreement
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
- your use of this Site in violation of this Agreement.
If you use this Site to submit Requests for or on behalf of a third-party ("Third-party"), such as a family member or a traveling companion, you are responsible for any error in the accuracy of information provided in connection with such use; including, but not limited to, the billing address and phone number of the credit card holder. These should match what is on file with their financial institution. In addition, you must inform the Third-party of all Terms and Conditions applicable to all products or services acquired through this Site including all rules and restrictions applicable thereto. Each User using this Site for or on behalf of a Third-party agrees to indemnify and hold each Covered Party harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, suits and claims (including the costs of defense), relating to the Third-party's or the User's failure to fulfill any of its obligations as described above. You are directly responsible for any Request submitted including for total charges and performance obligations.
Conditions of Carriage
Conditions of Carriage for all flights booked on this website are subject to the “Carriers” Conditions of Carriage.
Passport and Visas
It is your responsibility to ensure that all relevant documents are obtained; valid and set minimum validity requirements are met. Different countries require different documents and validity period. You must ensure that their requirements are met before you travel. Locale Travel Management Pty Limited does not accept liability for incorrect documents or misinformation you receive. Travel delay or cancellation may be incurred if you do not obtain the correct required documents or hold valid documents for your period of travel. You are required to hold a valid passport for international travel with a minimum of 6 months from the date of return travel. Some countries may require a longer validity or a machine-readable passport.
You may receive numerous documents for travel. These may include but are not limited to airline tickets, hotel vouchers, tour vouchers, bus tickets, rail tickets, cruise line required documents or other related documents. These documents may be in the form of paper or electronic. It is important that the names on your documents match the name on your passport, driver’s license or photo ID of the traveller. Fees may be incurred if a name change is required if it does not match the valid required documents. Locale Travel Management does not accept liability for incorrect information being supplied. You are required to carry with you a copy of your itinerary for all international flight travel.
It is your responsibility to obtain travel advice. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade offer travel advice at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta for information relating to the requirement of pre-registration of the visa waiver program. If you do not meet the ESTA requirements you may be required to obtain a visa for your travel.
You can advise at the time of booking of any special requirements or contact our customer centre. Our best efforts will be made to accommodate your requirements but are the responsibility of the service provider.
Airline Schedule Changes & Rules
Schedule changes are common. It is your responsibility to ensure you contact the airline prior to departure to ensure you are aware of any changes.
Checked In Baggage
It is your responsibility to ensure you have purchased the correct baggage allowance if applicable. Some airlines require you to purchase an amount of baggage allowance you require prior to check-in. Additional fees may apply if no baggage is purchased prior to departure or at a time other than at time of booking. Not all airlines charge for baggage. Excess baggage may be charged by the relevant airline if you exceed the permissible baggage allowance. You must fully understand your baggage allowance applicable with your fare rule.
Carry On Baggage
You have a carry on allowance, which is stipulated by your fare rules or frequent flyer program. Some items are not permitted in carry on baggage or may have restrictions. Permissible liquids vary and it is your responsibility to ensure these obligations are met. (Example: certain liquids are not permitted on flights to the USA or have a maximum permissible quantity)
Frequent Flyer Programs
Locale Travel Management makes no representation or warranty regarding frequent flyer programs. All frequent flyer programs are the responsibility of the airline provider. Frequent traveler awards (miles, points etc.), upgrades, certificate vouchers and other discounts or incentives may not apply to Locale Travel Management's Airline Service.
User Comments, Feedback, and Other Submissions
Links to Other Web Sites and Services
To the extent this Site contains links to outside services and resources, or to the extent that third party websites link to this Site, any concerns regarding such services or resources should be directed to the particular outside service or resource provider. Locale Travel Management does not monitor or control the linked sites and makes no representations regarding, and is not liable or responsible for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability, or availability of any of the content upload, displayed, or distributed, or products or services available at these sites. If you choose to access any third-party site, you do so at your own risk. The presence of a link to a third-party site does not constitute or imply Locale Travel Management's endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of the third-party, or of the content, products or services contained on, or available through, any such third-party site.
Modification/Termination of Usage
Locale Travel Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, or terminate this Site and/or any portion thereof, including any service or product available through the Site, and/or your profile, Account password, or use of the Site, or any portion thereof, at any time for any reason with or without notice to you. In the event of termination, you will still be bound by your obligations under this Agreement and any additional terms, including the warranties made by you, and by the disclaimers and limitations of liability. Additionally, Locale Travel Management shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to this Site.
To the extent that we need to contact you, you agree that we may do so via any electronic means, including but not limited to communications posted on this Site or electronic mail.
Updated: 15 May, 2017